Friday, December 26, 2014

A Prayer For Age And Wisdom


When I grow up, I want to become Joni Mitchell.
When I grow up, I want to speak freely, eloquently and articulately, like Ms. Mitchell. 
When I am older and my looks are as important as they used to be, I want my words to be the most truthful things about me. 
When I am in my seventies, I want to look back on my life with pride at my accomplishments, and awe at the way I maneuvered out of life's obstacles. 
When I am grow older, older and then old, I want to become my most beautiful me. I want to become the me, I could never had been at twenty-seven or even forty. 

Society tells me I am at my zenith when I have just ripen, but I think they're misguided. 
I will be more sweet, more delicious, more fulfilling with the softness of age. 
I need to hang on the tree a little while longer, soaking up the sun and all its glory. 
Ripening to my best, much like the Canadian mystic, Joni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment